July 7, 2020
As we head out of the holiday weekend, and into a new month, where do you stand in your goals?
I know the summer months can be difficult during “normal” times, with the beach, barbeques, and parties. Not to mention the confusing stages of COVID-19. So how might you stay motivated enough to keep up with your progress?
Most people wait around for motivation to strike them like a lightning bolt, but it doesn’t work like that.
Motivation isn’t something that happens to you–– it’s something that you have to create for yourself. If you don’t feel motivated to achieve your goals, it is likely due to mental roadblocks that hold you back.
The following 21 Mindset Tips will help you prepare your mind for success:
1. Success comes first in the mind, so visualize yourself accomplishing your goals
2. Remember, you are the only persona who can hold you back
3. Forgive yourself and love yourself despite past failures
4. Decide what is important in your life, and focus on that
5. Conquer each negative thought that moment it enters your mind when is weakest.
6. Give up the idea that things won’t go right unless you worry about them.
7. If you bring the body of your dreams to the point of resolve, then you’ll soon be living in it.
8. Look forward. If you believe the best is yet to come, then it will be.
9. You become what you think most about.
10. The margin between success and failure is very small and easily bridged by determination.
11. Start your day by accomplishing your hardest task first.
12. Set small, attainable goals rather than one monumental goal.
13. Convince yourself that exercise is fun, and it will be.
14. Know your big reason why.
15. Create a motivation playlist of songs to use as the soundtrack to your workout sessions.
16. Every decision you make leads you either closer towards achieving your goals, or further from it.
17. If you think you’re a fat person, then you’ll stay fat. If you think you’re fit, then you soon will be.
18. Once you’ve set your goal, your attitude either pushes you towards accomplishment or failure.
19. If you don’t know exactly where you want to go, you will likely end up someplace else.
20. You can have the body of your dreams, but first, you must give up the belief that you can’t
And finally, the last one……
21. You can only have two things in life; excuses or results.
Preparing the mind is half the battle. The other half is showing up and giving it your all. As the summer continues, be sure to check back to this list whenever you need a guide to success.
P.S. If you’re frustrated with your fitness, lost, or just don’t know where to get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started will on a results-driven fitness program.