I know it’s been a while since the last email and for that, I apologize.
Over the last 2 + years we’ve been hard at work refining our services to reflect the current times with the Covid situation.
We’ve put a ton of effort into personally detailing and dialing in our training, nutrition, and coaching programs to help our members get the results they need out of our facility.
So again sorry for the lack of content.
However here is something for you to consider…
January is normally that time of the year when we write out our goals, we start fresh, “new beginnings”
But this January feels special, different, it truly does feel like a fresh start!!
First, let’s start by creating some rules to truly achieve our goals this upcoming year.
Now I know what you’re thinking…
Rules?! Nah, I’m good.
But hear me out…
– Rules create structure …..
– Structure creates consistency ….
– Consistency creates discipline.
– And discipline equals freedom which will intern lead to achievement.
The type of freedom I’m talking about is the freedom of feeling lost, worried, overthinking, and self-conscious.
You thought this was just about health and fitness?
Well, your boy is on one today.
So back to the “rules” thing…
They don’t have to huge hard and fast rules, just rules simple and specific to your goals at your current level of understanding.
Here are some examples of some rules:
- Write a book by the end of the year:
- Beginner – Sit down in front of the computer, for 10 minutes 3 times a week.
- Advance – No less than 500 words a day Monday through Friday
- Beginner – While laying down for bed at night, count your breath’s from 1-10, three to 5 times before you go to sleep
- Advance – Wake up early in the morning, sit upright, and repeat mantra’s or words of affirmations for 5-10 minutes each day
- Beginner – Walk 5,000 – 10,000 steps a day
- Advance – Workout 4 – 5 times a week consistently and progressively overload
- Beginner – Have some sort of protein with each meal
- Advance – Count calories and macros, then reassess every 3-4 weeks
These rules may not get you all the way to the goal, but they’ll get you closer than you are right now.
How to start
Alright, we have some examples of outlines on how to get a few goals started based on rules.
Now, this is how we get em done:
- Start with 1-3 rules, anymore more and you might find yourself overwhelmed.
2. Make sure the rules you choose, stretch, and challenge you but aren’t far past what you’re currently doing. If you’re currently eating pizza, take out, and slamming bottles of wine each night after work, counting macros may be a bit too advanced at the moment.
3. Don’t expect perfection — Allow yourself to mess up. Remember progress, not perfection.
4. Accountability is huge. A friend, trainer, or coach, someone with an objective perspective that can help you navigate through this change and, most importantly, can call you on your bullshit, should some bullshit arise 😉
Remember, rules are just little habits that’ll lead to major transformations with time.
If you need a little guidance in understanding how to set the appropriate rules for your current situation
Check this out ==>CLICK HERE<==