I grew up in a pretty rough hood of NYC. When I was younger before I left my apartment to play, my mom used to ask me a million and one questions. Where am I going, what am I going to do and who I was going to be with? It was pretty damn annoying as a kid but now I understand.
By: Daniel Salazar
You see, who you spend most of your time with can really affect your feelings, reactions, views, productivity, and pretty much just zap the life out of you.
Here’s a list of a few people you may need to phase out if you want to be more productive.
- The Whinier– This person always complains about something but will never try to find a way to fix the problem
- The judge– This guy has something to say about everyone
- The Novella (soap opera) – Everything is a big deal to this person and they are put in a life or death situation everyday
- The jabber jaw– They just don’t know when to shut up, god forbid you want to get a word in, it ain’t happening.
- The Herb– This dude will talk all sorts of shit and then escape when confronted.
- The proceed with caution – Every new person they meet is a threat and out to get them. This guy is paranoid for no reason at all.
- The lit fuse– This person causes a problem everywhere! Even at church this person will have some sort of issue that can get violent.
- The “me me”– This person will talk your ear off about themselves all damn day
These people will literally suck the life out of you! There is no way to get around it, other people influence your life. We are humans that thrive off of relationships, however, relationships with negative people can put a halt on your productivity. Be aware of who you choose to surround yourself with.
Surround yourself with motivated and like-minded people. If you want to be successful in a specific area, get yourself around the people that have already made it in that field. Ask questions and understand the steps they’ve taken to get where you want to be.